You are welcome to participate in the international scientific conference «Religion and Society in Europe from the Middle Ages to the Modern Times», commemorating the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation and hold in the Saint-Petersburg State University (Russia).
The Reformation was one of the major turning points in the history of the West. It led to the division of Western European Christendom and greatly influenced on political, social and church structures. The historical significance of Reformation extends its factual chronology, and it could be seen as a base of modern society.
The following topics are planned to discuss:
1. On the eve of the Reformation. Spiritual life and society in the late Middle Ages.
2. The reformers: fate, activity, reception and memoria.
3. Reformation, society and politics: social and political aspects of the Reformation movement.
4. In the struggle for faith: confessional conflicts and tolerance problems in the early modern time.
5. Reformation and formation of confessions. The problem of confessionalisation in Western and Eastern Europe.
6. The impact of the Reformation on Russia: cultural, religious and social traces of Protestantism in Russian history.
Location: Institute of History,
St. Petersburg State University, Saint-Petesburg, Russia (Mendeleevskaya line 5).
Working language: Russian, German, English, French.
Translations from Russia are planned.
Time of talk: 20 min.
Deadline for proposals: March, 1, 2017.
Download the information letter